GREEN INDUSTRIAL HOUSE VIETNAM
Philosophy: T3 Architecture Asia, through its last research about Green Architecture under Tropical Climate decided to design a new typology of Green House, intentionally following an “industrial” style, as to create some affordable, green and very comfortable houses offering a large range of spaces adapted for many different uses and for all family members!
– 1 main Industrial metal structure (usually used for Warehouse) + Autoclave Aerated Concrete walls for facades.
– 1 secondary metal structure supports a floor with bedrooms and bathroom. This floor defines the night/private space of the Family. The full Ground Floor can be defined as the “shared Space” and as the Public space. There is no partition (except for Toilet and a wardrobe). It makes this area very cheap, even if it offers different area with specific uses: entrance, kitchen, dining area, living room, office…distributed around a Patio.
– Outdoor spaces/Garden is all around the House, with specific area located between indoor and outdoor, and offering a large possibility of uses. The living space of the house may vary according to the seasons, from the smallest when it is very hot (bedrooms + office with AC), to the largest, integrated whole Ground-Floor (Most of the time) and even Garden (night time and “winter” season).
– The mobility of the Main facade allows the house to move to the more closed to the more open according to the needs and desires of light, transparency, privacy, protection or ventilation.
Bioclimatic Elements (low tech):
– Double ventilated roof, first one in Fiber cement panels (without asbestos of course), and the second one in leaves of palm trees. Between the 2 layers, a light metal structure allows to the air to ventilate the whole roof. The opening at the top of the roof as well as opening on the upper part of both main façade is designed to evacuate hot air and improve the natural ventilation of the Building.
– Large overhangs and Pergolas have been located to avoid overheating of walls, windows and rooms. The aim is to avoid getting direct sun light into the house to keep it as fresh as possible.
– Double ventilated facade: over the brick/light concrete walls, a secondary layer of wood/bamboo sticks is fixed, as to create an efficient sun protection on the main facade. It allows both facade ventilation and facade personalization by using different types of material: bamboo, wood, perforated metal panel, ventilation bricks, other…
– Landscape features are made to bring freshness to the house: Pool, plants and natural soil allow bringing preserve humidity around the house; trees make shadow on facade and ground. The main gates as well as the back wall of the plot are designed to allow the circulation of air; it means to increase natural ventilation of the whole Plot.
– Ceiling fans reinforce natural ventilation into the house. There is also the possibility to choose between fans and AC into the bedrooms according to the season and the people’s ability to withstand heat. The idea is to limit the number and the size of the rooms which can be air conditioned (bedrooms, office).